Translate

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sunshine On a Rainy Day

It's gloomy and rainy here today but I'm working on my own little patch of sunshine.

This part brings to mind sea creatures dancing in a rainbow ocean.

Sea creatures?

I'm really happy with how the inlay in this next section worked out. I used a thin strand of handspun that had a lot of variation in colour, and I made four passes with it before each clasped weft pick. I love the way it distorted the weft around it, allowing more of the warp threads to show, and packed in until it was laying diagonally in places. Fun!

Loving this section!

And here's where, at 10:08am, I stopped for the morning. Time to get on with doing some other things with my day!

10:08 am

4 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That is a really neat visual effect!

Marlene said...

Thank you! I love playing with this type of weaving, especially when there is no set-in-stone purpose for the weaving. It allows such freedom to experiment and have fun.

Jen said...

Stunning work!

Marlene said...

Thanks Jenn. I appreciate the time you took to comment.