Translate

Friday, July 25, 2014

Immersed in Red

Needing a little quiet time to myself, I spent more time than usual weaving yesterday.

12:24, July 24, 2014

And I remembered to take photos before I rolled each finished section forward.

1:30

In the above section I played with creating a slit opening in the fabric and introducing the occasional shot of eyelash novelty yarn.

7:50, July 24, 2014

This section shows the inclusion of a strip of red satin material (running through the darker section) and, closer to the fell line, a shot of 1/4" red ribbon.

Detail - Lady In Red

Here's a little close up look to illustrate that all that red, red, red, is not boring. Lots of texture going on there, and slight variations in tint and tone to make a single hued fabric sing with interest. 

No comments: