Translate

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Lowly Third

I've been meaning for ages to post about my Fall Exhibition entries but I'm only now getting around to it. The articles and the ribbons are a bit rumbled from sitting in my bag so long!

This little apron, my only sewing entry, got a lowly third. I say lowly not because there is anything wrong with third, but in reality there were only three entrants in the apron class and mine came in dead last.....yes, third. Not surprising though as it was definitely not my best work. It was just a functional little apron I threw together for my little granddaughter to use while helping grandma in the kitchen. I machine stitched where I knew a hand sewn hem would be better. I didn't worry too much about matching the gingham check of the pocket with the apron front, stuff like that.

The good news is that of the 14 items I entered in the fair, all of the rest did better than this! More on that in the next couple of posts.

No comments: