Translate

Friday, October 09, 2009

Continuing the Legacy

Knitting is a skill that has been passed down through the generations in my family. My great grandmother was a knitter, as was my grandmother and my mother. I am a knitter, and I have taught both of my daughters to knit.

I am proud to show you the work of my youngest daughter, Kristy (Kristo on Ravelry). This is her first attempt at intricate lace with the dreaded "nupps". She did a wonderful job! This is "Swallowtail" knit in hand dyed silk and is destined to be a gift for a very special lady.







6 comments:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's beautiful! She did a gorgeous job of it!

old lady said...

She did a WONDERFUL job! Consider the torch passed.

becky c. said...

Wow!!! My daughter specializes in making messes. : )

Marlene said...

Give it some time Becky. My daughter is an adult with a few years of knitting experience.

Nancy said...

The knitting gene definitely runs in your family. Beautiful job!

PJ said...

way to go to your daughter for a wonderful job! I like her choice of color as well! As every year I like seeing your stocking come to life!