Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2007

MS3 Bites the Dust

Remember the Mystery Stole 3 I was knitting?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When the final "clues" came out I decided I didn't like the direction it was taking, (a wing) and I wanted to use my handspun laceweight somewhere else. It's a pretty enough design and many knitters love it, but I decided it just wasn't for me.

I ripped it out. I tucked it into a plastic container to better contain it during the frogging, and also to catch as many of the beads as possible (many of them still took the opportunity to escape).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wound it onto my niddy noddy to re skein in preparation for a wash to relax out the post-knitting kinks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While the old stuff hangs drying I am busy spinning up the newer batch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With the added yardage I hope to make the Honey Bee Stole.

~

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Recycling! I love it. Saw several finished stoles last knit at the book store (the Yarn Harlot was in town). So pretty... but I know what you mean, symmetry is sometimes necessary.

Michelle said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Honey Bee Stole. I love this fibre you're using...so much so, I'll be ordering some myself. [wink]

Mine is still on the needles. I kind of lost that loving feeling for my own stole, but I want to give it to my SIL, so I'll be plugging away at it until it's finished.

Laura said...

I'm one of the ones that loves my finished MS3, but the design is definitely not for everyone. Glad you decided to rip it back before you got any farther. That yarn will make a gorgeous Honey Bee. :-)