Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Frosty Smile

It might seem like I am just flying along and this project is taking no time at all ---

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

--- that would be an illusion. I have actually spent hours and hours on this, both last night, and most of today. I have accomplished quite a bit though. Among other things, check out the satin stitch nose and cheeks (VERY hard to do such long satin stitches and still have them come out looking neat), and that cool fringe on Frosty's scarf. The tail ends of the scarf hang free, they are not stitched down.

I think I've earned a bit of a knitting break, for this evening anyway.

~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive satin stitching. On first inspection I thought they were appliqued!

Marlene said...

Well I don't blame you Paula, I figure they should be applique, (they are bigger than the black button applique after all) but the kit says to embroider them, and provides no felt in those colours to do otherwise. I hope those long stitches don't catch on anything in the years to come.

Sharon in Surrey said...

A very handsome fella!! You're right to stitch the face onto him Marlene since facial felt seems to fall off, get damaged easily & often simply gets chewed off by babies. Imagine the choking hazard!!I remember making Care Bears waaaaay back when they had felt patch faces. My girlfriend's 5 month old chewed the faces off everything she owned & we stitched in self-defense.

Marlene said...

Oh isn't that interesting Sharon! Well, the whole stocking has felt pieces, beads and sequins, so won't be able to be handled by a very small child anyway. Some of the regular wear and tear done by older children should be avoided by the liner I will put in it. The idea is that the tie top liner can be taken out to store hoarded goodies while the intricate, fancier, outer portion is tucked away for safe keeping.

Maggie Ann said...

What a handsome snowman! He's sure to be loved alot, =)

kristo said...

It's looking sooooo cute Mom! Kaylen is going to love it!

Nicole said...

Very cute! I'm surprised your knitting doesn't have more embroidery considering how well you stitch.