Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Computer Scare

We had computer problems yesterday. We kept getting error messages that would not go away. For a while there it looked like we might have to go the ol' Wipe And Reinstall route. Ugh. I really hate doing that. It takes me days to get everything reloaded and we lose our bookmarked "favorites".

We won't discuss who was a fault. (I really hate it when people rudely point fingers at me.) Many thanks go out to Jordon who worked diligently for hours to correct the problem.

This computer glitch has really made me realize what a valuable crafting tool the internet is for me. I belong to several fiber arts related forums and learn so much from the other members. I am also inspired by the blogs I read which showcase the works of others and through which I learn of new patterns and resources. I wouldn't want to miss out on some of the online stores that provide products that I can't get locally either. Personal email contact with members of the local guild and also international fiber enthusiasts I correspond with regularly would be missed too.

Breathing a tentative sigh of relief here. Things are not running perfectly yet, but at least I can access the internet again. If I disappear for a while, you'll know that "technical difficulties" cropped up again and I am in the middle of a major computer overhaul. :-Z

No comments: