Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2016

15 Feet of Crazy

 When combined with black fingering weight yarn 


in the clasped weft technique


that single ball of Zauberball Crazy went a long way.


I'm very pleased with the result.


I only hope that I'll come up with a sewing project that


does the handwoven fabric justice. 


There is 15 feet of it prior to wet finishing (4.57m)


In the reed it measured 11.5" (29.21cm)


but I know I will lose some width and length in the initial washing.


Now to gather my relevant books looking for inspiration.

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I would call it "15 Feet of Gorgeousness"

That came out wonderful, Marlene.

Marlene said...

Thanks Gene. I'm very pleased with it. I'm experimenting now with different ways of draping it to see where its best potential lies. I'm even considering combining it with knitting to make a dramatic jacket/sweater.

Dynna said...

Hi Marlene. I think this is beautiful. I see tree silhouettes with Northern Lights behind them. Love it.

Marlene said...

Thanks dynnamae. I agree, it does look very much like the Northern Lights. If viewed from the opposite side it looks like a stand of evergreens, at nigh,t with multi-coloured flood lights illuminating them.