Translate

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Little Red Bag

Whipped up this little bag to enter in the "handwoven bag" category at the Chilliwack Exhibtion.

Zippered bag of Saori handwoven fabric.


It's lined with quilting cotton and the same cotton is used for the section at the top, above the zipper, and also for the strap. The back has a handy pocket sewn from the same handwoven yardage and lined with cotton.

The purse I entered in the same category last year was much more elaborate, but I wanted to enter the category to help plump up the hand weaving displays even if it is only with this simple offering.


3 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I love this, I love the simplicity of it. The fabric itself is the star.

Gene Black said...

Simple but exquisite. Great job, I wouldn't be surprised if it won an award.

ChelleC said...

This is a darling bag, Marlene. Ilove it. ChelleC from Saori group on Ravelry.