Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Extreme Texture

I worked on the Saori weaving some more last night, adding in a bit of a surface design by crocheting through the growing fabric..

A little more.

Then I got a little crazy with the texture, adding loops, unspun roving, lengths of torn satin, and thrums from my last scarf warp.

 Rolling forward

Sorry for the blur in a few of these. I was kneeling on my loom bench trying to get the camera high enough. Must've been a bit shaky! I had this much done by 8pm.

8pm

By 9:40pm I had woven quite a bit more.

9:40 pm August 15, 2013

I added in another couple of crocheted chains, more fabric strips, and a whole lot more texture.

Surface embellishment

I was back at the loom early this morning and had this much done by 10:30 am.

10:27 am August 16, 2013

By noon the weaving had eyelash yarn adding a bit more texture and fun.
Noon, August 16, 2013

Later in the afternoon it had printed ribbon, more loops and unspun roving, a wandering, pale pink line, and a  sparkly bit.

 4:09 pm, August 16, 2013

While supper cooked I added a novelty yarn that had puffy, fluffy, little tufts.

5:36 pm, August 16, 2013

By 8pm I unleashed a bit of the crazy artist in me, and did a bit of wild line work.

8 pm, August 16, 2013

And here's where the evening's weaving ended.


9:28 pm, August 16, 2013

 I have no idea how much of the 4 yard warp is left. I haven't kept track of how far I've woven so far.

1 comment: