Translate

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canada Day

Rather than fight our way through the crowds gathering at the publicized community celebrations of Canada Day, my husband and I set off to enjoy one of the finer things about Canada. A short drive from home we enjoyed the great outdoors with a hike to the summit of Mount Thom.

It was quiet and peaceful, just the way we like it.

Although I wasn't fast enough to get a picture, we saw a beautiful deer amongst the trees.

When we got to the summit we had a nice view of Chilliwack, Cultus Lake, and the Fraser Valley.

We enjoyed it so much that it just might become a Canada Day tradition.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Great idea! Happy Canada Day!

AlisonH said...

Wow. What a gorgeous landscape.

Marlene said...

Yes it's beautiful here Alison. I like the view from the valley floor even better. We have mountains all around us and for most of the year they are beautifully snow capped.

PJ said...

Great views! I agree with the idea of getting away from from it all..I felt like that last night (our 4th of July)

lookinout said...

Sounds like a perfect new tradition.
Gillian