Translate

Monday, February 25, 2008

Masters Monday - 2.9

Ooops! Getting a little ahead of myself. Once again I've done the swatch knitting but not the labeling and pattern write ups. Maybe getting caught up on the paperwork should be my goal for the coming week?


Swatch 12 - (lace of choice) Spider Stitch


Swatch 13 - (lace of choice) Pierced Diamond

Both of these swatches are from stitch patterns I found in the Barbara Walker Treasuries. I knit them in a coned, superwash wool, fingering weight yarn usually used for machine knitting. I had thought about using another shockingly bright yarn, like last week, but the orange I was thinking of may have been too dark and possibly even a bit too fuzzy to meet the acceptable standards.

So next week's Master Monday report had better be that I have done the write ups for these last three swatches. I will be knitting this week though. I have two non-Masters knitting projects I'm actively working on.

And I'll be weaving. The loom is warped for the next project.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are gorgeous swatches! And that's hard to believe because they're 'just' swatches. Yet, they are really appealing for projects.

Anonymous said...

Very nice swatches! What beautiful lace patterns you chose!

Maggie Ann said...

Isn't it amazing how math and design produce such beauty in pattern....along with YOU of course ...grin!