Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Perseverance Pays Off

Finally! The Nicole Vest is finished and outa my hair. I had so many problems knitting this one that I'm breathing a sigh of relief that she's done. I had my doubts at times.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now don't get me wrong, the problems I had were not the fault of the pattern. The pattern wasn't even difficult. It was my own momentary lapses in attention that tripped me up.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There is one small error in the pattern. After transferring the front stitches from the stitch holders to resume knitting (after the back is complete) it says to "purl across row". In reality you need to work across the wrong side row according to patterns as established. No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it.

Now to wait until it's dry, (Shouldn't take long. It's only 9am and already the house is 83 degrees), purchase buttons and get a modelled shot.

5 comments:

PJ said...

How cute is this! He-he...you should buy button and take your time while your work is drying and enjoy the store air! ;)

dragon knitter said...

gorgeous!

and the high today? 83(ducks!)

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

How adorable! I can't wait to see it modeled! :)

Nicole said...

Looks great!

Sunflowers said...

April 21, 2009

Good Evening Wovenflame

I will try this again.
I have no idea how to blog.
Even though I am on Twitter,
YouTube & MySpace and have
MSN & Yahoo...

I wanted to say how lovely
your finished project of
the Nicole White Vest is..

I am a gaw-gaw over it since
I first saw the pattern yesterday
on Ravelry.

I contacted Chic-Knits to see
if I could send them a USA M/O
for the Pattern, but they said
they don't have that set up,
only through Online...

I am very upset. I am newly
retired and have decided not
to have anymore credit cards.
As my Mother used to say, We
can't spend what we don't have
when you are not working.
And living on a low pension
doesn't leave much for being
extravagant so to speak.

You mention you live in B.C.
Well so do I - here in North
Vancouver near the Lonsdale
Quay.

Did you really find the pattern
very difficult?
I would love to try my hand at
it if I can...

I am on Ravelry but haven't
put any of my finished projects
there. Just before Christmas
I finally finished the Harry
Potter Scarf - all 14 feet of
it.. I did the Gryffindor colors
in Burgundy & Gold.
And now I have just started doing
the #10 U-Neck Ribbed Vest by
Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton.

But trying to find pretty vests
that will fit me as I am very
petite & slender isn't easy.
Guess that's why I fell in love
with the Nicole Vest Pattern.

Thanks again for sharing.
Sandy