Translate

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hut By The Pond

You know, I might as well build myself a little hut by the frog pond. I seem to be spending all my time here lately.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I ripped back the Nicole Vest all the way to the waist eyelets. I tried to stop sooner, really I did, but there was just no picking it up correctly and I decided to go all the way back to the last plain row.

Even then I had my troubles. When I was knitting the upper body the first time I thought I had made an error in the way I was forming the SSP. What I was getting LOOKed correct so I had been content to go with it, but seeing as I had to reknit anyway I thought I would do the SSP the way I thought the pattern meant.

I should have left well enough alone. After knitting 4 rows I had to admit it looked better the first time. Rip it, rip it, rip it.

I'm sure Froggie is mocking me!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

dragon knitter said...

i'm sorry, i'm a child of the 70's & 80's, so to me, frogger is a video game, lol.

hope the knitting mojo kicks back in!

Maggie Ann said...

Oh boy...I would never have thought it could happen at your house! mine definitely...smile. Hope all is on track soon for you with this project. I posted pictures of my carding...thought you might want to come see when you have time.

Anonymous said...

That last frog picture is absolutely priceless!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

*waves from the lean-to on the far side of the pond*

Sorry that you've been frogging so much lately. I spent Sunday doing that too. :(

Hope the muses are kind and this is the last rip-it session you have. :)

Marlene said...

So far Ruinwen I haven't had to rip back again. That could be because I haven't actually knit much on it lately either. In the summer I tend to spend my afternoons wool combing outside in the shade and the evenings spinning in the basement where it is cooler. I do knit on the Nicole Vest a bit though and so far, (knock on wood) all is going well.