Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Spinning Bliss

The PLAN was to spend the day with a number of other spinners, spinning at a guild members home. Somehow the Universe had other plans for me and I ended up spinning, alone, at a local park. It was pure spinning bliss.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The light breeze gently rustling the leaves of the trees, birds singing, colorful dragonflies darting about, chattering squirrels engaged in a scurrying game of tag....all the makings of a most enjoyable afternoon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Marlene said...

How much did I get spun?

Not as much as I once did in that amount of time, BUT that's because I'm spinning so much finer now. I got a full bobbin of LACE weight singles done. When I get two more bobbins full I plan to do a 3 ply with them that hopefully will come out at about sports weight.

Maggie Ann said...

Wow, I almost feel as if I were there too. Great pictures. Very convincing, that title of yours = ). Spinning Bliss, am I jealous?

Maggie Ann said...

Forgot to ask, on my computer, your journal entries don't start until after the sidebar things, the top is empty space. Thats a recent thing, it didn't use to be that way.

Marlene said...

Maggie Ann, that's because I used a picture that was a little too large. Normally I crop my pictures to 6", but every once in awhile PhotoShop refuses to crop properly. When even ONE picture is too large all subsequent postings get shuffled down below the sidebar. It will revert back to 'normal' when the offending post gets packed away into the archives.

Maggie Ann said...

Thanks for explaining about the 'empty space' Marlene. I've noticed that before on other blogs occasionally.