Translate

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

3 Hour Hat

This hat was a quick hold-me-over project while I waited for the arrival of the Peacock Feather Shawl pattern.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is a crocheted "Crusher Hat" from a Fiber Trends pattern. I used up my leftovers from the Cotton Sheep Pullover making it.

The pattern and yarn for the Peacock Feathers Shawl has arrived and after making many errors and restarts in the gauge swatch, the shawl itself is going very well. I'm through the first 38 rows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look smashing. Don't you get hat head though? I HATE hat head. One good thing about long hair is there is less of that. Your short hair really suits you too. I would like to knit something like that, then walk down the street and turn the world on with my smile.

Suzanne

Maureen said...

I love your finished baby set. What a wonderful job!!! The pattern is one I have never seen before. It does not look like your typical layette set. Love the hat too.

Marlene said...

Maureen, perhaps you don't see this pattern more often because it is a little more difficult than most to do. I tried many times to knit this when I was a new young mom. I needed many more years of knitting experience to successfully complete it. Now that I have, I don't know what exactly I had difficulty with the first few times I tried.

Marlene said...

Suzanne, I sometimes feel a little silly in hats, so your compliment was really needed. Thanks.

Funny that you find long hair doesn't create "hat head" as much as short hair. I have found the opposite. I have had LONG hair most of my life. It has only been short for about 6 months....and I'm loving it. When I had long hair I would get an obvious dent where the hat sat, but with short hair a hat just seems to make my hair conform more closely to the shape of my head.