Translate

Friday, January 14, 2005

Birthday Gifts

I have been a little sparce with the blog entries lately because I have been overwhelmed by an information overload! I received two fiction (but fiber related) books for Christmas, 3 knitting reference books for my birthday, and one extra knitting book that I had purchased myself. So much to read (and knit!) and so little time in each day.

I received a gift certificate from my daughter and with it I purchased these two books:



"1000 Great Knitting Motifs" is a great resource for colored pattern knitting and I will get a lot of use from it in the future. I also had enough left over to get "Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques", which is a nice compact size book full of tips for finishing all types of knitting.

I also received a gift certificate from my son, and with it I purchased "The Sweater Workshop" by Jackie Fee. I am having great fun working my way through the "Thing" (a sweater designing sampler) and participating in the "Thing-a-long".



To qualify for the free shipping, I ordered another small book along with it. I am finding interesting patterns, as well as an amusing read in "The Knitter's Almanac" by E. Zimmermann.

Thanks kids, for the wonderful birthday presents! They sure are keeping me busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the knitters almanac. I once had a plan to knit everything in it in the month it appeared in. I didn't, but I still wish I had.

Stephanie
(yarn Harlot)

Michelle said...

Great book choices and gifts from your kids. I have all of them except for Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques, and really enjoy them.